Feedback

 

CAWIL, Bushra

Full Name

First blog task - 10 Questions

Media Consumption Audit

Semiotics blog tasks

MIGRAIN Reading an Image

Folder check

Reception theory

CAWIL, Bushra

 

WWW: I like your answers to the first 10 questions – particularly the honesty about not picking Media! I hope you do enjoy the subject and certainly I would hope you achieve at least a B grade and that could well help you secure a university place studying Criminology. You’ve also posted the Reception theory work already and pick out good sentences and quotes from the Factsheet to answer those questions. It shows you are understanding the task and focusing on the key information – which is the basis of all academic ability.

EBI: Two key areas to improve here: firstly, some of your work is missing or unfinished and it’s important to make sure you are organised and fully completing work. I wonder if you’ve posted things on the wrong blog as you have your film poster analysis on your exam blog which wasn’t my side of the course. Make sure you post Semiotics and Reading an Image as soon as you can. Secondly, I would advise you to develop your media consumption – and perhaps add a couple of other news sources in addition to the Daily Mail so you can get a range of values and ideologies. Not all news is the same!

LR: Complete any missing or unfinished work.

Reflect on your work in A Level Media so far. What is your strongest piece of work? What is your weakest? What specific skills or knowledge do you need to develop over the rest of the course?

1) I believe my strongest piece of work is the Fact sheet questions, I enjoy answering the questions.

2)My weakest piece of work was the semiotics blog task only because I misread the instructions and was unable to complete the work. 

3)I would like to develop inference skills.


 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Narrative factsheets

Introduction to feminism

Feminist theory: blog tasks